Our purpose is to reach people with the life-changing message of Jesus Christ that they might know God, find freedom, discover purpose, and make a difference. Opendoor is looking for ministry-focused, Christ-centered individuals to help further that purpose.
Opendoor Child Development Center Assistant Teacher/Substitute
Purpose of Position:
The Assistant Teacher/Substitute is responsible for assisting Lead & Assistant Lead Teachers with the academic, spiritual, social, and emotional growth & development of all children in their care. An Assistant Teacher will assist the Lead & Assistant Lead teachers with all daily activities in the classroom. The Assistant Teacher is also responsible for learning NC child care laws and ensuring the classroom is in compliance when Lead & Assistant Lead Teachers are absent.
- Assists lead and assistant lead teacher in following daily schedule and lesson plan
- Maintains structure and consistency in the classroom
- Develops relationship with children and parents
- Actively participates and interacts with all activities
- Develops great relationship with the children and parents
- Maintains a clean, safe, and organized classroom environment
- Assists in training new staff
- Attends all staff meetings
- H.S. Diploma
- At least 1 year experience in a child care classroom setting is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- A love and passion for children and Jesus
- Great communication skills and proper grammar (verbal & written)
- Problem-solving, resourcefulness, and priority-setting skills
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40lbs.
- Monday - Friday | 30 hours or less
Please email your resume with professional references.